Reopening of HLAK bookstore27/08/2018
We would like to inform you that anyone interested in HLAK's publications can address to the store of V. Grigoriadis - Art & Colour, 30 Anexartisias Str., Kavala, Greece. Tel. +30 2510228920.
Also, within September 2018 the online bookstore of HLAK is expected to operate for your online orders.
Local History Conference referring to "Kavala (1835 - 1918): From the establishment of Greek Consular Agency in Kavala until the end of Second Bulgarian Occupation"24/11/2017
Loss of founder and President of HLAK, Nikolaos V. Roudometof01/11/2017
The family of Historical & Literary Archives of Kavala (HLAK) mourns the loss of HLAK founder and president, Nikolaos Roudometof. The magnitude of the loss for the spiritual world of Kavala has been highlighted by many commentators. For us, it is primarily a profound personal loss.
We sincerely thank all those who stood and stand by us at these moments, as well as those who published remarks that highlight the work and the personality of the founder of HLAK. We are grateful for all your kind words.
As it is easily understood, the gap left by the founder of HLAK is large and not easily replenished.
With your assistance and encouragement we hope that we can gradually move forward.
On behalf of HLAK,
Associate Professor of University of Cyprus
20 years publications of Historical & Literary Archive of Kavala01/10/2017
As this year (November 2017) is the 21st anniversary of the official establishment of HLAK and on the occasion of the publication of two new historically important books, we decided to issue this summary of the 20-year editorial activity of Historical & Literary Archives of Kavala.
This book provides to the reader an objective assessment with tangible results of our successful operation in our 20+ years of institutionalized action.
We firmly believe that simply collecting historical archival material without this being accompanied with simultaneous exploitation, is reprehensible - although unfortunately it is a widespread practice in Greece.
HLAK in the International Congress "Exhibitions. New Approaches"01/09/2017
Reference to Historical & Literary Archives of Kavala by the International Conference "Exhibitions, New Approaches", ICOM International Committee of Literary Museums and Composers of museums (ICLM) in co-organization with the Greek committee of ICOM and the Kazantzakis Museum.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki/Archive of Contemporary Greek Literature
- Benaki Museum/Historical Archives
- Cretan open - Air Museum "Lychnostattis"
- Public Television of Greece (ERT SA) - Archive
- General State Archives/Historical Museum of Crete
- Gennadius Library
- Hellenic Literary and Historical Archive
- Historical and Literary Archives of Kavala
- Historical Museum of Crete
- Library of Hellenic Parliament
- Music Library of Greece "Lilian Voudouri"
- National Gallery - Alexandros Soutzos Museum
- National Library of Greece
- Central Public Library of Sparta/Archive of Nikiforos Vrettakos
- Vikelaia Municipal Library